The Sr. Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the Finance and Accounting team with primary focus on clinical trials accruals, overseeing payables, and supporting the budget process. The Sr. Finance Manager will have a critical role in interfacing with all levels within G&A and R&D to provide guidance and oversight on spending as well as analysis of financial performance that will guide decision making.
Calithera Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery and development of targeted therapies that disrupt cellular metabolic pathways to preferentially starve tumor cells and enhance immune-cell activity. Driven by a commitment to rigorous science and a passion for improving the lives of people impacted by cancer and other life-threatening diseases, Calithera is advancing a pipeline of first-in-clinic, oral therapeutics to meaningfully expand treatment options available to patients. Calithera is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the financial close process, including analysis of financial information to develop and provide accruals in assigned areas.
- Maintain/create accrual models for clinical trials incorporating updates/changes in contracts and site activity data. Ensure high quality of accruals with attention to detail, robustness, and accuracy of calculations.
- Investigate and explain key drivers of variances in the actual expenses compared to the budget.
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibilities and prepare supporting documentation for SOX and SEC filings as needed.
- Review accounts payable invoices for chart of account coding and accuracy. Supervise cash disbursements to ensure they are timely and in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Supports the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts and the financial components of long range strategic plans.
- Works closely and interacts regularly with department managers. Monitors research and clinical development plans, activities and their adherence to approved budgets.
- Provides financial management and oversight over contracts.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally while retaining functional independence.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience working in finance/life sciences industry, public company experience preferred.
- Familiarity with clinical trial operations and/or clinical research a plus.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while meeting deliverables with limited supervision. Willingness to have a hands-on role in day-to-day operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com