Calithera is focused on discovering and developing small molecule drugs that slow tumor growth through controlling key metabolic pathways in the tumor and immune cells.
Tumor metabolism and tumor immunology are promising new interrelated fields for cancer drug discovery. Recent clinical successes have demonstrated the potential to slow abnormal cell growth and create fundamentally new therapies for cancer patients. Our investigational onco-metabolism medicines take advantage of the specific metabolic requirements of tumor cells and cancer-fighting immune cells.
The Biology department at Calithera Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated individual for our group who has experience with in vitro cellular and biochemical assays. This position will be responsible for the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments to advance new and existing preclinical programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays to validate and characterize novel therapeutic targets
- Assist in compound screening efforts, lead optimization, and detailed cell biological characterization of hits/leads to facilitate identification of small molecules with acceptable therapeutic properties
- Use flow cytometry to phenotype primary immune cell populations in tumor and blood samples
- Assist in the maintenance of lab facilities and provide tissue culture support for xenograft studies
- Analyze and interpret results and data
- Maintain well written and accurate research notebooks detailing work undertaken
- Effectively communicate ongoing work and findings to others within the company
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in an oncology or immune-oncology environment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with a wide range of in vitro cellular and biochemical assays, including cell culture, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISAs, reporter assays, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, qPCR, transfection and transduction is required
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry, cell-based immune functional assays, and immune cell subset isolation is desired
- Highly motivated with excellent problem solving abilities
- Breadth and flexibility to adapt to changing project needs
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills are essential
- Local candidates only
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com