Calithera is seeking Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) as field-based scientific liaisons that are an extension of our headquarter-based Medical Affairs department. The ideal candidate will work cross functionally with Clinical Development and Medical Affairs colleagues to support our first-in-class anti-cancer agents that target tumor and immune metabolism within the Calithera portfolio. The MSL will have direct interactions with investigators and key opinion leaders (KOLs) within geographic area of coverage. The MSL will provide medical/scientific support that includes scientific exchange and professional relationship development with external experts, in a strictly scientific, non-promotional manner, and in full compliance with applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Calithera’s policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships and interacts with health care professionals in academic institutions, including community physicians, medical experts, nurses, medical groups and current and future thought leaders.
- Facilitate interactions with US cooperative groups and other organized external research groups (e.g., other oncology research networks, select academic institutions).
- Support research initiatives across development to include, but not limited to, site evaluation and identification, recruitment, investigator meetings, external expert identification, and external collaboration management.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence in key academic centers by facilitation of research and educational initiatives, while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest.
- Deliver scientific presentations to health care professionals, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested.
- Effectively communicate feedback from the field within Medical Affairs and to other internal partners.
- Work compliantly, collaboratively and cross-functionally with other field employees while retaining functional independence.
- Attend relevant Scientific Societies meetings and Conferences, and develop summaries of key scientific and educational messages for use within the Company – such as key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the therapeutic area, etc.
- Adhere to internal Calithera standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements.
Qualification and Requirements
- Advanced Scientific degree or equivalent experience required (PharmD, MD, PhD, or DNP strongly preferred).
- 4-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or other healthcare environment, preferably in the hematology/oncology setting.
- Previous experience, and demonstrated proficiency and success in role as an MSL is also preferred.
- Previous clinical trial experience (either in industry or in another, related setting) is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of oncology (including pharmacotherapy), treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines applied to the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Ability to network and partner with important customers, including thought leaders, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with various departments throughout the company .
- 50-75% regional travel required.
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org