Calithera is seeking an Associate Director/Director, Pharmacology to oversee the in vivo evaluation of our novel small molecule oncology pipeline. The role requires broad experience in the development of small molecule anti-cancer treatments ideally with experience in immuno-oncology models. The ideal candidate will be adept at interacting with various groups both within the company and external to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee strategy, design, and execution of pharmacology and PK/PD studies in relevant rodent models to advance small molecule oncology programs.
- Work independently to identify key experimental questions and solve experimental problems.
- Critically analyze data, provide data summaries for project team and senior management team, and recommend strategic and/or tactical adjustments based on the data when warranted.
- Be a key member of the multi-disciplinary research project teams.
- Independently design and execute experimental strategies to investigate drug and target-related toxicities and mechanisms of action.
- Be accountable for the oversight of key CROs.
- Be accountable for the preparation of documents for regulatory filings and interactions with partners and collaborators.
Qualification and Requirements
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in pharmacology or related discipline.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry (minimum of 5 years); oncology drug development experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with immuno-oncology models preferred.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with managing studies conducted at CROs.
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com