Calithera Biosciences is looking for an HR Manager to work with the company as we grow. The position is operational in nature and reports to the Head of People and Culture. The HR Manager manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, implement and maintain HRIS.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Nurture a positive working environment, focusing on an employee oriented environment.
- Manage internal employee database and record keeping.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Assists in administering the 401(k) plan and completes yearly compliance reporting.
- Administers disability and worker’s compensation claims.
- Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- In depth knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions, preferably in Life Sciences.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Local candidates only.
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com