The IT department at Calithera Biosciences is seeking a Helpdesk/Systems Administrator and system support for our company systems and services. In this role, the candidate will provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software by isolating problems, determining cause, and implementing solutions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver the highest level of customer service in a collaborative and distributed environment with a focus on helping people resolve issues as the first point of contact in our helpdesk.
- IT operation, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and evaluating technology
- Update, maintain, and dispatch tickets routed to our ticketing system.
- Onboard new employees, from setting up accounts, equipment procurement and equipment hand-off.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of laptops, network devices, printers, VoIP phone system and other office equipment.
- Track hardware and software inventory.
- Continuous review of business and IT processes, technologies, deployments and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide A/V support for External Meetings, Web Conferences and Corporate Wide meetings
- Coordinate with external vendors to service or repair equipment.
- Patch management on corporate infrastructure.
- Engage, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
Qualification and Requirements
- Superb communication, documentation and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively.
- Thrive in a small and nimble company that has a fast-paced work environment.
- Be able to be flexible and field changes quickly as to allow for a horizontal impact.
- 5+ years of proven experience in IT, with excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Good experience in server management and data governance is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks and network administration.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com